Sage 50c Computerised Accounting Course (Level 3)
If you choose to undertake Level 3 Computerised Accounting you must have successfully completed a level two qualification of a similar type using Sage 50cloud Accounts. This course is a progression from level two and is not suited to beginners.
At Level Three you will learn how to set up accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships, you will undertake Month End and Year End Processes as well as deal with Accruals and Prepayments and set up a Fixed Asset Register to process depreciation. You will also learn how to keep accounts for Not for Profit Organisations including Charities.
This course is suitable for people who have already studied a level two course or who have used Sage for a number of years and are experienced users. The course covers the more advanced functions in accountancy of VAT returns and the government gateway, cash flow management, advanced credit control and final accounts for sole traders, charities and partnerships.
Sage have developed this course to give you the most up to date skills required by employers or run the finances of your own business. You can easily convert your learning into an accredited qualification upon completion.
Upon completion, you will be awarded the Computerised Accounting Level 3 Certificate by Sage UK.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Control and produce month end and year end reports including accruals and prepayments, depreciation and yearend adjustments.
- Prepare VAT Returns and understand how to submit returns online directly from the software via Government Gateway.
- Undertake the more advanced principles of preparing financial statements for sole traders and partnerships.
- Export data and reports to Excel.
- Stock control and work in progress.
- Create departmental budgets and produce detailed budget reports.
You can download the full course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50cloud Professional software for six months – an extension can be purchased for a small fee.
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
The course usually requires eight hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
After you have successfully completed this course, you may wish to progress to the Level 3 Computerised Accounting for Business RQF Accredited Diploma.