Sage 50c Computerised Payroll Course (Level 1)
This course has been designed for those people who are new to payroll. It covers all the basic functions from setting up the company details, entering employee records and calculating gross pay to processing the first payroll and running all the reports required including payslips and end of period reports for HMRC payments.
Designed for people who are new to payroll, the course covers all of the basic functions, from setting up the company details, to processing payrolls and producing reports.
Sage have developed the course to give you the most up to date skills required by employers, or learn how to run the payroll system for your own business.
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage 50c Payroll Level 1 Certificate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Set up the company details and create employee records
- Calculate gross pay and process the payroll run
- Set up pension schemes, non statutory payments and deductions
- Learn about SSP
- Produce payslips and end-of-period payroll reports for HMRC
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50c Payroll software for six months – extentions are available for an extra fee
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you.
The course usually requires four hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Payroll Level 2 Course or complete an RQF Regulated Accredited Qualification. Please ask us for more information.