Sage 50c Computerised Payroll Course (Level 2)
Level 2 Computerised Payroll moves forward from Level 1. The course still includes the basic tasks of company set up, creation of employee records and calculation of gross pay. However more advanced tasks are undertaken including Statutory Maternity Pay, Starters and Leavers, The Cost of Wages, HMRC submissions, Pension Schemes for Automatic Enrolment, Data Security and Year End Processes.
This course is ideal for people who have completed the Computerised Payroll Level 1 qualification or who have some understanding of payroll functions and want to learn how to complete more advanced tasks, such as calculating statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay and pension schemes, and more.
Sage have developed the course to give you the most up to date skills required by employers, or learn how to run the payroll system for your own business. This will save time and money, particularly if payroll tasks are usually outsourced to an accountant.
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage 50c Payroll Level 2 Certificate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Set up company accounts, generate employee records and complete basic daily payroll functions
- Calculate gross pay and process real-time information payments, as well as statutory sick, maternity and holiday pay
- Process automatic pension enrolment including opt out
- Amend errors in the payroll including correction of the FPS
- Year end processing
- Create reports for HMRC and calculate the cost of wages
- The EPS – employer payment summary
- Data security and software management
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50c Payroll software for six months – extentsions are available for a small extra fee
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference.
The course usually requires six hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the Computerised Payroll Level 3 Course, or complete an RQF Regulated Accredited Qualification. Please ask us for more information.