Sage 50c Computerised Payroll Course (Level 3)
Level 3 Computerised Payroll moves forward from Level 2. The course still includes the basic tasks of company set up, creation of employee records and calculation of gross pay. However more advanced tasks are undertaken including Salary Sacrifice Schemes, Statutory Adoption, Paternity and Maternity Pay, Payroll Verification and Reconciliation, Advance Pay and Holiday Schemes, Termination of Employment including Redundancy, Advanced Data Security, HMRC submissions, Year End Processing and Business Closure.
This level three course is for students who are already employed in payroll or have similar job roles or run their own business. It is aimed at people who wish to enhance their existing knowledge and skills to perform advanced routine and non-routine tasks using a computerised payroll package.
This course should not be attempted unless you have achieved a qualification at Level Two or have sound knowledge of day to day payroll functions including processing SSP and SMP.
Upon completion, you will be awarded with the Sage 50c Payroll Level 3 Certificate.
What subjects are covered?
You will learn how to:
- Enter voluntary and statutory additions and deductions
- Process the payroll for different periods including the correction of errors
- Produce reports to enable reconciliation of payments and deductions to external agencies including HMRC and pension providers
- Operate national insurance for directors
- Maintain payroll data and system security
- Operate holiday schemes including advanced pay
- Process redudancy pay and salary sacrifice schemes
- Enter attachments of earnings orders
- Process period and year end information and produce all required reports
You can download the course contents here
What do you get?
- Access to Sage 50c Payroll software for six months – an extension can be purchased for a small extra cost
- Enrolment on to the Sage Qualifications e-learning Portal, where you will be able to access all online learning materials, including formative and practice simulations.
All course materials and activities are provided online and can also be accessed via mobile, enabling you to study at times and locations that are convenient for you. You can also purchase a hard copy of the course workbook to keep for future reference.
The course usually requires eight hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks. Initially, you have access to the software and portal for six months, but this can be extended for a small additional cost.
You will complete self-assessments and a practice test, followed by a final online assessment.
After completing this course, you may wish to progress to the suite of Computerised Accounting Qualifications or the CIMA Accredited Sage Certificate.